Universal Worker - Assisted Living
- Part Time
Monday through Friday days and possibly evening shifts as well. Preferred to have a certification as a medication aide but will train if not certified.
Employment standards for this facility are consistent with EEOC for all people applying for or holding this position.
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Seventy-five (75) hour Nursing Assistant course with State of lowa Certification. Certification as a Medication Aide in the State of lowa is highly encouraged. Must also participate in ongoing continuing education.
1. Assist tenants with aspects of daily living as determined by the service plan.
2. Provide reminders to tenants as determined by the service plan.
3. Perform or assist tenants with basic services such as light housekeeping and laundering of bed linens.
4. Perform assurance checks to ensure tenant safety.
5. Report tenant's physical or mental changes and requests to the Assisted Living Director and/or Director of Nursing of the host skilled nursing facility.
6. Promote and coordinate activities for tenant social interaction
7. Follow Tenant Rights and or Resident Rights policies at all times.
8. Know and follow each tenant's individualized service plan.
9. Handle all tenant information in a confidential manner.
10. Prepare dining room, serve food, and clean up dining room after mealtime.
11. Perform cleaning procedures to all common areas in accordance with facility policy.