Part Time Admin Assistant
- Part Time
- Life Enrichment/Activity Director
24 hours per week, MWF
Employment standards for this facility are consistent with EEOC for all people applying for or holding this position.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Maintain accurate lists of emergency telephone numbers, reference telephone numbers, personnel telephone numbers, and medical staff telephone numbers.
- Operate the facility telephone system, answer calls, route calls appropriately, and operate the facility paging system.
- Answer all inquiries according to facility release of information policies and procedures.
- Handle all correspondence assigned.
- Attend, take minutes, and keep records of all facility CQI, Safety, and In-Service meetings.
- Maintain an accurate resident census by resident name and room number.
- Handle invoices received by the facility and send with appropriate documentation in a timely manner to the Healthcare of Iowa office.
- Follow the proper procedure that has been developed for tracking Worker’s Compensation situation ensuring that the documentation and follow-up are complete.
- Work with the Administrator in maintaining payroll information, updates, and transmission to the Healthcare of Iowa office.
- Interact with residents or residents’ representatives and direct them to appropriate individuals.
- Present Residents Rights and Advanced Directives information to residents and/or responsible parties.
- Work with facility Administrator and Director of Nursing in coordinating and completing all admissions and ensuring that all agreements and necessary documents are signed by the resident and/or responsible person.
- Always present an appropriate professional appearance.
- Work confidentially and cooperatively with all facility department supervisors and administration.
- Communicate and work cooperatively with facility staff.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all facility matters especially as they relate to employees’, residents’, and financial information.
- Observe all facility safety policies and procedures including working responsibly to ensure personal safety.
- Comply with established facility infection control and universal precaution procedures.
- Accept and perform additional duties as assigned by the Administrator in a cooperative manner.
- Assume accountability for information contained in the Employees Personnel Handbook and all Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- Follow fire and disaster procedures during a drill and actual occurrence.
- Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and responsibility.
- Comprehend and follow all OSHA, State, and Federal policies and regulations.
- Understand, support, and effectively communicate facility philosophy, standards, and policies to all staff, residents, families, and community.
- Understand and monitor personnel files (including medical, personal, arid legal) and maintain absolute confidence.