Director of Nursing
- Full Time
The Director of Nursing oversees the nursing staff and nursing operations of the Facility. This position will schedule, assist, coach and direct the nursing staff in day-to-day operations to ensure smooth operation of the nursing department for all residents and fellow staff members. This position also works closely with the Administrator to establish goals for the nursing department and enforce compliance with healthcare policies, and state & federal regulations.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Licensure/Certification in the State of Iowa required.
• Graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse program required.
• Healthcare management and experience in long-term care is preferred.
• Maintain active Dependent Adult Abuse training certification, and/or have the ability to complete the required training within 6 months of hire.
• Must participate in on-going continuing education.
The Facility’s normal hours of operation are from Monday through Friday, from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. However, this role routinely requires work to be performed outside the regular hours of operation of the Facility. The position is required to take on-call shifts, and may be required to cover shifts for other staff members when the need arises.